The Design Engineer will support complex enterprise architectures by developing and implementing detailed design, configuration and engineering strategies/solutions for one or more technologies within assigned technical area of expertise. Ensures that capability, flexibility, scalability, performance and reliability objectives are met or exceeded for a variety of small to mid-size projects. In collaboration with the team and vendor/contractor resources, ensure viable designs, flawless execution, seamless transition into the production environment, and effective transition to Operations for ongoing support.
- Independently perform moderately difficult assignments in the design, detailed configuration, integration and support of existing and future technologies within assigned technical area of expertise.
- Responsible for planning, designing, reviewing and approving robust, stable, scalable and manageable designs.
- Perform problem diagnosis, initiate problem resolution and provide ongoing life-cycle support for technology deployments and upgrades.
Delivery & Documentation
- Create and maintain detailed design documents, diagrams, engineering specifications, configurations, technical implementation plans, models, troubleshooting and support guides, systems metrics, and overall project information (including key deliverables).
- Responsible for the technical correctness and completeness of engineering designs, implementations, transitions to Operations for support and related artifacts.
- Ensure that build activities are completed per engineering diagrams and in alignment with architecture and security standards.
Leadership & Partnerships
- Manage effective relationships and work in partnership with leadership, team members, vendors, and contractors to deliver robust technical solutions that are stable, secure, scalable and manageable.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise in designing and implementing stable, secure and manageable solutions
- Mentor, coach and contribute to the development of peers and other team members as appropriate.
- Utilize performance data and historical metrics to effectively: plan for growth needs; plan upgrades, migrations, optimizations and new implementations; identify and resolve efficiency issues; and improve overall functionality.
Analysis & Problem Solving
- Recommend, deploy and document design strategies and solutions for software/hardware/network engineering problems, based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements and existing technologies.
Processes, Standards & Best Practices
- Participate and provide input into the continual refinement of processes, policies and best practices to ensure optimal availability/stability, performance, security and supportability of technologies.
- Continuously develop specialized knowledge and technical subject matter expertise by remaining apprised of industry trends, the direction of emerging technologies, and their potential value to the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 3-7 years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility over time
– 5+ years of experience and proven engineering expertise within subject matter domain. – Desire to learn and grow with the organization and ever-evolving business needs.
- Strong analytical, design, and implementation capabilities required.
- Ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities and highly innovative problem solving orientation.
- High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand a complex operating environments.
- Design and implementation experience in some or many of the following: Cisco and Meraki LAN/WAN/SDWAN route/switch and wireless, Cisco data center route/switch, F5 load balancing, firewalls (ASA, FirePower, Palo Alto), IPS/IDS (Cisco, McAfee) , network authentication (ACS, Radius, NAC), remote access VPN (SSL, Cisco AnyConnect, IPSEC), WAN/SDWAN, WAN acceleration, Infoblox DNS/DHCP, IPv4 and IPv6 address Management (IPAM), packet capture and aggregation, circuits and connectivity, Internet infrastructure, 3rd Party interconnect services, IPSEC.
- Design and implementation experience in any of the following: software defined networking (SDN), VMWare Hypervisor/ESX/NSX, 3rd party hosted and virtual (Azure, AWS, etc.) data center, Akamai DDoS, WAF and CDN, IPS/IDS (Cisco, McAfee), Checkpoint, DLP, ISE, network performance engineering, monitoring/alerting and event management, disaster recovery, inventory management, automation/orchestration using tools or scripting (NetMRI, Tufin, Ansible, Python).
- Experience implementing network technology in a colo/multi-cloud environment.
- CCNA, CCNP
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org